Sunday, July 18, 2010

18th July 2010, 8:28 PM

Had a messy day..:-(

After half day's work, I was eagerly waiting to watch a sci-fi thriller after long time. Sadly was trapped between my own inner conflicts and the result was – when I went there, it was a houseful board and a lanky fellow who greeted me.  Anyhow, getting late everywhere was not my usual excuse this time, it was more of the duality in me that I have started to dislike. It is strange that you aim for something and move towards it and by the time you reach half the way; you come across something new and begin to adore the new happening and forego your plan.


I feel like writing something from the past….well here it goes




When I was in my 5th grade, I had this terrible pain in my ear. On the first day I was accompanied by mom to the doctor( though I never liked going to places with my parents, as they always found me misbehaving and had to spank me mid-way). The next day I was to go alone, was not really happy about it(contradicting my own want to soothe the ear pain), I rode my bicycle to the doctors place which was nearby, half the way I met my friend, who appeared to be very cheerful and enthusiastic. He had a rectangular box wrapped in a fancy paper with pink and white flowers on it. He exclaimed that it was like a dream come true moment for him. On being asked what it was, he replied, “this is something your father will never let you even have a look at, owing to your school record”, well that comment made me frown. Nevertheless, frowning was swiped away from my face instantly, with the overwhelming curiosity. I grew impatient and went with him to his house, in his room we sat and stared at the box, after a while his mother came in and asked us to open the package. It was a rush of excitement. The moment he opened the box, I was the one to shout in awe….it was a marvel gadget, which I always dreamt of (I later got bogged with it, as I got it when I was in 7th). It was the 8 bit Contra game set, my friend was not as excited as I was, and I played for half an hour (moment of ecstasy for a 10 yr old). Suddenly I realized that I had to go to the doctor, I stood up and stuffed all the snacks in my pockets and rushed to my cycle. Happily and merrily, yet in fright of the scolding from my dad, I rode in the crowded street like a super-hero. Again, on my way I saw a wedding procession - processions with music and dancers always fascinated me. I could stand and stare the walking talking stage for hours together, while I was enjoying the thumping beats, Sunderan uncle (my neighbor), saw me, he was a fat stout fellow, he moved with great force towards me, amidst the noise I could see him marching towards me, but I was lost in the thunder beats. He came to me tweaked my ears saying, “why do I always find you roaming, I need to talk to Mr. Jose”, I was dead scared. He asked me to go home immediately, in sheer fright I ran towards home, but later I realized it was already 8, and mom must be worried. I was determined to see the doctor at any cost or else the long dirty stick(chooral) will ease my back.  I rode in a haste to the hospital, I was already late and the doctor went home; there was a lady (I still don’t recall if she was a doctor or a compounder). I told her everything; my ear and what took me so long, she asked me to relax, she went inside-a small cabin behind the doctor’s table- and came out with a small packet of small white cute little tablets. I asked her if she was sure about the medicine, she told me that doctor had directed her to do so.  I went home with the tablets, got scolding for being late. I made an innocent face by saying that the hospital was crowded (I was good at fabricating long stories even then (born liar)). After I had my dinner, I gulped the medicine and slept peacefully. After few hours, I sensed a growling inside my stomach, felt like someone was crunching my stomach, I rushed to my mom, woke her up…My whole night was spent in the toilet.

It was in the morning when my mom visited the doctor that I realized that the lady gave me medicine to cure constipation, which was reserved for some other hyper-curious kid.

4 comments:

Bhavna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bhavna said...

:)

its amazing to see that you can actually relate an incident of the past to your present day nature...u reminded me of a little kid..lost in a candy shop....

apsara said...

hahahhaha :D Bijin ur amazing! what an eventful day :D lol .. thanks for making me smile (um laugh actauuly:) ) cheers... keep writing!

Anonymous said...

hahahhaha :D Bijin ur amazing! what an eventful day :D lol .. thanks for making me smile (um laugh actauuly:) ) cheers... keep writing!

Classrooms, notes, first love and Pratik Parmar’s Tuition

I watched a Gujarati web series and it  reignited  my love for nostalgia. Gujarat is a culturally rich land with distinct folk art and liter...