Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Departure

At 1pm behind the cathedral,
I shall lay to rest
Yes today is my funeral
I passed out at 2 in the midnight
My dog was the last,
To bid me farewell
Unsoiled by the misfortunes
I endured, my final breath
Was not chained to
Writhing pain,
Nor was I sombre at the last moment

Gratitude - my girlfriend Suzy,
With all the bittersweet moments
We shared;
My callousness;
Her lust-centric vigour
Whatever ill we survived;
Suzy arranged for my adieu;
She surmised,
A short event would do,
To erase me from the
Uncountable minds,
I infested in my lifetime
Her consolation couldn’t
Meet the comfort,
Offered by my cigarettes,
And the bottles of Ron Castillo;
Who held me up in times of ordeal

They took me to the morgue,
An hour later,
I lay there naked, inside an ice cube
At the crack of dawn,
They laid hands on my numb,
Nubile body
With finesse they decked me
Lain in a cushioned teak casket,
I was taken to the cathedral

After the minister's mutterings
They took me to the final spot,
There was a sea of faces,
All mourners,
No admirers
Clouds ready to shower sorrow,
Lest it mattered
I was lowered to the ground,
to rest eternally
away from the earthlings

PS - Excuse this overtly random stuff(also the typos if any), it came to my mind while I was battling boredom and loneliness on a lazy sunday!

2 comments:

Jyoti said...

Loved the line:
All mourners, no admirers

Bijin Jose said...

Thank you! :)

Classrooms, notes, first love and Pratik Parmar’s Tuition

I watched a Gujarati web series and it  reignited  my love for nostalgia. Gujarat is a culturally rich land with distinct folk art and liter...